Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)

You do not have to be a guardian of the child to receive Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) and your income and assets are not counted in the child's eligibility. There are two types of TANF assistance: Child Only Grants and Regular TANF Grants. Child Only Grants provide, regardless of the grandparents' or other relative caregiver’s income, a small grant of approximately $100 per month. Children receiving this grant automatically qualify to receive medical assistance. If the grandparent is working, the child may also qualify for day care assistance. Eligible children can receive monthly assistance…Read more

Do you need a support group?

Grandparents/Kinship Support Group Meets the first Tuesday of the Month at 11:00 am at the 37th Place - Community Room 2605 East 25th Street Indianapolis, Indiana 46218  Read more

I need help with Food?

The Indiana Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly called the Food Stamp Program) helps you and your family buy food needed for good health. You can buy food from most grocery stores and other retailers that sell food. If you meet the program guidelines, you will get a special debit card (called an EBT Card). This debit card comes with a certain amount of money already on it to pay for food. The amount of money you get on the card may depend on three things: household income from all sources (earned and…Read more

Let me share my story?

Across the State of Indiana, the need for families to provide homes for the children is reaching an epidemic level, 140,919 children under the age of 18 years old live in homes where the head of the house are grandparents or other relatives. (8.8% of the children in the state.) (U.S. 2010 Census) Of these, 113,549 live with grandparents who are the head of the house and 27,370 live with other relatives who are the head of the house. (U.S. 2010 Census) In Indianapolis, 8,002 grandparents are the heads of the house and…Read more